Monday, May 7, 2012

Basilica of St. Lawrence

Completed in 1909, the Basilica of St. Lawrence is one of Asheville's architectural treasures and spiritual anchors.  Designed by Rafael Gustavino and Richard Sharpe Smith, renowned architects on the Biltmore House, this Catholic church has the largest freestanding elliptical dome in the country.  But, enough about THAT, I just love the magnificent rose garden and the bells!!



This rose garden is beyond amazing!  The smell is Heavenly!!









Looking at, smelling and photographing all those roses made me hungry!  I finished off the day with a TLT (tempeh, lettuce and tomato) from my favorite place, Firestorm Cafe.



This adorable baby was having fun playing on the floor at Firestorm.  I don't know that I would let my baby crawl around on a public floor; but, that's just the Virgo in me - I wanted to wet-nap him down!