Sunday, May 13, 2012

My last day in Asheville (for this trip!)

Asheville really came through for me today with a picture-perfect day!  It's my last day here so I just went into downtown and walked around and enjoyed the magnificent weather (clear blue sky, 70-degrees ~ perfect!).  I will miss my favorite town; but, I will be back!

PACK SQUARE






Beautiful Church


In this little park in downtown, they have chess sets set up.



To donate to the homeless.



I ate breakfast at this fantastic place called Mayfields.



This doggie wanted my breakfast!









More pretty flowers.





GEOCACHING*

Found this cache (Natural Selections for the Birds) easily!




Stopped in for a cup of coffee at Izzys.  BEST coffeehouse!
(Local artwork on the wall)




I sooooo want to own an apartment in this building.




My neighbor would be the Thomas Wolfe house (not bad!)




WHY IS GAS SO MUCH CHEAPER IN SOUTH CAROLINA?



*Geocaching is a real-world outdoor treasure hunting game. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using GPS-enabled devices and then share their experiences online. (It's a super-nerd scavenger hunt!)