Saturday, May 12, 2012

Great Smoky Mountains National Park

I love this National Park!  Today, I drove through Tennessee to enter from the Tennessee end.  Along the way, I came across a nice herd of horses and cows!




There are many places in this area where the Appalachian Trail crosses through.  This one was on Interstate 40.




These guys were SO cute.  I was taking pics of the baby, and the mother started giving me the stank-eye!  Then she hoisted up her leg like a bull does in a bullfight, as if she was going to charge me!!  It was cute -- and I backed off!  Motherly love!



Pretty, pretty, pretty horse!



The national park from the Gatlinburg, Tennessee end.



Shortly after entering, you come across this beautiful spot with this little stream.






Me frolicking in the pretty little stream!




NICE VIEW!






A portion of the Appalachian Trail cuts through the park.





These little race cars were speeding through the park.  Don't know why!





Me and my shadow taking a picture.




And, this pretty bridge and stream are near to the Cherokee, NC entrance.






Standing in 2 states - TN and NC